Flooring is such a thing in your home which lights up your entire house and if it is not appropriate or dull it steals away the look of your home. Especially when you are having tile flooring in your house, the first and foremost thing you need to do is to keep it clean and maintain it for the upcoming years to keep its beautiful look stagnant. When you install a new tile floor, it looks almost gorgeous and gleaming but after passage of time, the same look is not seen now it becomes dull and dirty. For keeping it in the same gorgeous and gleaming manner, you must maintain tie flooring in best possible manner you can.
Regular cleaning with the needed materials with little bit effort can bring back the shine of your flooring. Here are some of the tips which can help you to maintain your tile flooring.
- This is a very common and general thing that dirt is one such thing which is responsible for scratching the surface of your tile flooring. Hence it brings us to the conclusion that regularly cleaning and sweeping of the floor is very important. If you are not comfortable with sweeping the floor, you can go for vacuuming the floor. A small and tiny step towards maintenance can help you in the long run and upcoming years.
- It is very essential to mop the floor at least once a week. Generally for most of the tile flooring you can use a solution which is made up of ¼th cup of castile soap and it should be mixed up with 2 gallons of warm water. Mopping your tile floor with this solution for once in a week will give your floor a nice, clean and tidy look.
- If you are having a marble floor, which usually gets dull with the regular usage of detergent, then you can try out diluted and mild solution of dishwashing soap and water.
- Another idea for maintaining tile flooring is that too for greasy floors is creating a solution of distilled white vinegar with warm water. Make sure you use this solution only for the greasy floors and not for the marble floors as vinegar will erode your marble floor.
- You should make efforts to make your tile floor to look shiny and new. After mopping the floor, you should prepare a paste of baking soda and water. After that rub the paste on the grout by making use of an old toothbrush and then rinse off. If your tile is full of the bad stains then you can try out application of plain baking soda with addition of little distilled white vinegar and then let the solution stay for an hour and then you should do scrubbing.
- If you are having an old waxed floor which is passing through the issue of wax build up then understand that it’s high time now and you should strip off the old wax and rewax your floor.
Considering the usage of your bathroom in each single day, you must pay proper attention on cleaning it. Each and every part of bathroom is being used n constant manner and hence special attention should be paid while cleaning them. Each and every part of your bathroom like sink, bath tub, toilets and showers should be appropriately cleaned in easy and simple ways. There are certain fixtures in the bathroom which needs cleaning in certain different manner hence you need to take as to what kind of fixtures you have installed in your bathroom and what kind of cleaning should be done. Here are some of the easy ways to clean your bathroom.
Sinks are such part of the bathroom which is used the most starting from the toothpaste dribbles to washing hands. Sinks also bear overspray of hair products. It has a daily collection of barrage and dirt. Thus make your all possible efforts to keep it sparkling back at you with regular cleaning and maintenance. For cleaning the sink, you can make use of all purpose bathrooms cleaner for removal of film and light soil. If the dirt is heavy then you can try out abrasive or soft scrub cleaners as these are easy to rinse from the ceramic surfaces. Those cleaners which are made with bleach will remove dribbles of toothpaste and it will sanitize the surfaces. If possible clean your bathroom with homemade cleaners. This will make your bathroom to look sparkling and give good shine without heavy chemicals and big price tag.
Shower and tub are such parts of the bathroom which bears oil, soap scum, body soil, hair products and when this things mix up it reduces the shine of your bathroom. Faucets, fixtures and tub rims are the hiding spots for the molds, mildew and moisture. If not cleaned properly they stuck onto the dark corners and make their residence up there. Specifically clean this spots. You can spray the bathroom cleaner initially on this spot before starting off with the bathroom cleaning. This will help to clean the spots easily without making much effort. If it is not removed by this, you can try out scrubbing. You can use abrasive scrubbing pads on the shower floors and bathtub rings. Using a toothbrush while cleaning the fixtures and faucets as a toothbrush can reach up the small and tiny places.
Cleaning the toilet is not a kind of work which most people would prefer doing but it is very essential to clean toilet as it is an inseparable part of bathroom and indeed most used part of the bathroom. While cleaning first of all places the toilet cleaner into the bowl and give some time to it to work. Some of the standing time is essential so that the liquid dissolves its deposits and germs are killed. Don’t cut the time short. After that use a clean and effective bowl brush and scrub the cleaner with brush on every corner of the toilet. After that clean it up lots of water.
We all are very well aware of the feeling of getting something brand new. New things are fresh, clean, new and nice. Whatever it is like shoes, car, clothes and many such other things. But it does not stay like this forever after passage of time it gets old and dirty. Roofing is also similar to these things. On the day of installation of roof, it looks so much clean, pristine and new. After some years pass, it starts looking old and dirty. That is the indication that now it needs cleaning. But before cleaning them, you must also be aware of the causes of roof shingles to get dirty. Once you know the causes of roof shingles to get dirty, you can prevent them from getting dirty instead making effort to clean them. Here are some of the causes of roof shingles to get dirty.
The primary cause among all causes of roof shingles to get dirty is falling debris. The most common type of debris which make your roof dirty is sticks, branches, leafs, acorns and pine straw. Some debris falls naturally on the roof, some are brought by the wind and some of them is brought by the animal and birds like squirrel and other birds. Debris not only make your home and roof to look dirty but it can also be held reasonable for leaks and roof damage. You may wonder how debris is responsible for roof damage but due to debris the rain water is blocked on the roof itself for longer period of time and it can cause rotting. Hence debris, apart from being one of the causes of roof shingles to get dirty, it also is considerably responsible for roof damage.
After some years your roof catches up some black stains which usually appear on the roof tops. Home owners usually wonder what this stain is and is this damaging their roof? This black stain is actually roof mold and it is the dead algae and it is seen on that side of the roof where sunlight is less and thus it remain more damp and lie o0n the roof for longer period of time. Thus this black stain is also one of the causes of roof shingles to get dirty. These algae not really damage your roof but only one of the causes of roof shingles to get dirty.
Moss can also be considered as one of the causes of roof shingles to get dirty. Many people think that moss does not affect the roof much but it is totally wrong as moss is really dangerous for your roof. Moss can damage the structure of your roof and can cause leaks in the shingle of roof. Thus apart from looking dirty it is also harmful and must be removed on the immediate basis as soon as spotted on the roof. You can either put some effort yourself or you can also contact any professional and get it removed from your roof.
Roof cleaning is a very essential job especially when you spot ugly stains on them. There are several organisms which eat up your roof like moss algae and lichens. Longer the time they go untreated, more will be the amount of damage they cause to your roof. Homeowners usually get confused when they search for roof cleaning methods for ugly stains because the results are very conflicting and complication. This article will help every homeowner to find the right and appropriate roof cleaning methods for ugly stains removal. There is a simple advice if you are dealing with the roof stains to not to leave them on it for a longer period of time act upon it as soon you spot one.
Eco-friendly, non-bleach, low pressure roof cleaning methods for ugly stains
Roof cleaning companies which make use of this roof cleaning methods for ugly stains usually put into use high grade eco friendly products which do not involve toxic chemicals like chlorine bleach, phosphate and other such chemicals which can pollute waterways and kill vegetation. This roof cleaning methods for ugly stains removal also makes use of low pressure rinsing system which avoiding the usage of damaging high pressure brushing or scrubbing.
Usually the result obtained by this method is complete and instant. Moss, algae and lichens are totally out of your roof. As the products are eco friendly, it ensures the gentle, safe and precise cleaning of your roof. In this method, the damage of landscaping and integrity of roof shingles are given much importance. The only issue with this eco friendly method of roof cleaning methods for ugly stains is that it is costly as the material is qualitative and eco friendly.
The chlorine bleach roof cleaning methods for ugly stains
Contractors of roof cleaning makes use of sodium hypochlorite and then mix up with high concentrations with other chemical like trisodium phosphate. After mixing up such chemicals, contractors spray this thing on the roof and then wait for some time until they dry and after that apply it again and again as and when needed. If after this process also certain moss, stains and algae which are not removed on the day of treatment are gradually removed in the coming months or during months of rain. This method is comparatively less costly as the chemicals used are not much costly and also the contractors don’t climb up the roof to inspect after the completion of process.
High pressure power washing roof cleaning methods for ugly stains
There are certain contractors who apply power washing technique and make an attempt to remove ugly stains from your roof along with moss and algae. While using this method there is high chance of damaging roof shingles. As it is power washing and thus the pressure would be high and there prevails a high probability of your shingles getting damaged and thus it is advisable to keep hand in between while spraying the water on the roof. This will help to lower the pressure of the water and save your shingles.
Basement is considered to be the most important part of our home. Because our foundation is the base of our basement and keeping it perfectly well is our work. You should at least keep two or more than openings in your basement so that all the water which has accumulated in your basement can easily get evacuated from the basement. Waterproofing your basement is helpful but including and installing of sump pump in your basement will be more and will work effectively in your home. If the water which has accumulated in your basement does not gets away and seeps in the floor than it is going to create more of problem regarding your expenditure for the home.
This article will help you to get better knowledge about the thing which you need to keep in mind at the time of getting your basement with the assistance of sump pump. Sump pump will help you to get rid of the accumulated water which you observe in your basement.
Prevent basement flooding with sump pump
- Sump pump in simple words means the device or the equipment which you can install in your basement to pump out all the unwanted and accumulated water which is present in your basement. I know we all have the basic knowledge of getting to deal with the prospective of sump pump but this knowledge will increase your views regarding dealing with the situation of flooded basement which is present in your home.
- There are different varieties of sump pump available in the market which you can install in your home. it is totally up to you and the home owners that which type of sump pump you want to install at your home. If you have lesser budget than you can go for cheaper sump pump or if budget is not the issue than you can go for better quality of sump pump which can last for a longer period of time.
- There are many types of sump pump available in the market which can be adjusted by you when you are planning of installing sump pump in your basement to avoid the situation of flooding condition in your home. The approximate cost of getting the sump pump installed in your basement would range about from 200$ to 700$. And in accordance to my perception it is worth spending it for one time than to get coordinate with the amount of expenditure which you will need to spend for getting your basement floor renovates again.
- You can simply get with the process of installing it with the help of reading and getting through the instructions of the manual which has been prescribed to you. This will help you to lesser down the expenditure which you will have to pay the contractor which you have hired for getting through with the process of installation of sump pump in your basement. Mark my words you are going to experience everything perfect if you are going for installing the sump pump in your basement for preventing with the flooded basement present in your home.