Total look of a home can be changed if it is decorated in the right manner. Thus it is definitely very important to have right home décor tips. It is not always about investing a huge amount into home décor and making it a big project. Sometimes it is like making some minor changes in your home and seeing the bigger result out of it. Here are some of the looks changing home décor tips which are simple and would blend in perfectly with your budget.
- Bring some of the new lamp shades in more of the contemporary shapes or it can be of simple white shades. This décor tip will lighten up your home.
- If your home really doesn’t feel good to you and you intend to make a whole makeover then paint would be the best home décor tip for you. If you don’t want to go for painting whole room then try out painting one wall in a focal color or you can also experiment by painting a contrasting rectangle over your sofa and make it feel like a gallery space.
- 3) Another trendy home décor tip is to color the inside of the bookshelves with some unexpected and totally different color. You can also try out painting your ceiling with a color similar of the wall but in light shade.
- One of the essential home décor tips is to upgrade your kitchen either by painting or by changing the other things in your kitchen.
- Another essential home décor tip is to change window dressing. Bring some new and attractive curtain rod and also bring new curtain or draperies which go with the paint or furnishings of your home.
- One of tricky home décor tip is to play with colors. Choose any one room and take two contrasts and play with those colors only in that room. This gives a really classy look to your home. Say for example take black and white color or you can also take white and any other bright color and use those colors as a repeating theme in whole room whether it is of furniture or curtain or pillows or anything just stick to the chosen colors.
- One of the simple but the most effective home décor tip is to edit your décor items. Collect all the décor things from your house in a box and then restyle them and place them one by one to place where it is highlighted more and leaves a good impact on your home.
- If you want to look at your home in different manner then there is a really simple home décor tip. Just take out all your paintings or wall art from each and every corner of your house then hang it in a different room. You will feel like you are seeing it for the first time.
- Another home décor tip which is prevailing from the Victorian times but is still effective is to make a gallery wall with family pictures.
It is not easy to stay beautiful for 100 years. Some day it will become dull and that day will be like, you will just want to throw those things away from you. Well, now these problems are going to be solved very soon. And when it comes about your home, you always wish to install and place such things in our home that it looks and enhance the beauty of our home. And for this situation, all the old furniture and the fittings are considered to be backwards. So wish to replace it with the new ones. And we know installation of new furniture at our home will include more of cost factor for the home owners.
Instead you can go for maintaining your antique furniture which will help the home owners to cut off the cost as well as the maintained of your old furniture will be done in better manner. This article will suggest you some of the tips which you can apply in the matters regarding maintaining your antique furniture which is installed in your home.
Maintaining your antique furniture
- As we are talking about such furniture which ha been installed in your home for more than 20 years, which means for a longer period of time. so it is advisable to make them and get them away from the harmful elements which are observed in the surrounding of your home. Excessive amount of heat, moisture around the home, etc and affect those old furniture for more. They can get more damaged by keeping tem surrounding such situation.
- It is more advisable to try to maintain a humid atmosphere surrounding your home so that the furniture which has been installed in your home does not get affected. Another things which you can go for is to apply the furniture oil which is easily availed in the market. This oil works as the ingredient which helps the home owners to remove all the dirt and the stains which are observed on the surface of the wooden furniture.
- Applying the oil will increase the shine of the furniture and will make the furniture look new. Not only oil but there are certain different types of oils and products available in the market which can help the home owners to increase the life and the preservation of antique furniture in your home.
- Maintaining your antique furniture in this way will help you and also save you up by adding new cost factor for the purpose of purchasing new furniture for your home. At the time of going for the oils, it is more advisable to not take the consumption of lemon oil or the linseed oil. This is no doubt increase the trend and attracts the home owners to purchase it but it attracts more of dirt to the furniture where it is applied.
You can also go for the paste wax which is easily availed in the market. This works as the repellent against the pollutants. It can be applied once in a year which helps the dirt and the pollution to be avoided from the surface of the wooden furniture